Monday, January 21, 2013

Projects



Lilly had a little cold a couple weeks ago and started sleeping a ton (like 16+ hrs a day!). Her naps have been 3.5-4 hours ever since, so I took advantage of the extra time and got a few projects done. It was so fun to bring my sewing machine out of hibernation! Oh, and my iron, too, that thing doesn't get much use around here, either.

First I made a curtain to cover the window in the back door. It's nothing special, but it's been on my "to do" list pretty much since we moved in. Now I can finally walk through my kitchen at night without feeling completely exposed! 



I made Lilly several new pillowcases with fabric she picked out- pink with polka dots for her mini pillow, a pink ultra soft fleece for her big pillow, and a pretty pink/yellow floral print that's now in the living room. She also chose some yarn, and I crocheted a little backpack for her. She LOVES it, and it's big enough for her to use for awhile. The first thing she said when she put it on was, "I have backpack like Dora!"


Lastly, after months of indecision, I went ahead and got the supplies I needed from Ikea and made a pillow mattress for Lilly. It was as easy as the tutorial promised, and I have enough fabric and pillows to make a 2nd one sometime this week. Since the duvet cover was on sale for $10, the total cost for the two pillow mattresses was about $20. I'm not sure if I really needed them, but they seemed like a good portable bedding option. And Lilly has already put the first one to good use. . .
  


1 comment:

  1. Awwww puppet show! What a smart little lady. Have you seen the Melissa and Doug puppet theater?? I bet she would looooooove it!

    ReplyDelete