Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hello Austin


Today we spent 4 hours at the DMV to get our new Texas driver’s licenses, so I think we have earned the right to call ourselves Texans! We are really enjoying it here so far. It’s hot, but really not that bad if you have a good a/c. We usually go for a walk in the evening and it kind of feels like Hawaii--warm, humid and breezy (too bad it doesn’t look like Hawaii.) The people here have been very friendly and welcoming. Lilly always helps break the ice by saying hello to everyone and showing them her Texas-sized grin. It’s an exciting and diverse city with lots of growing families, and we are excited to call Austin home for the next 5-6 years.


 The first day we arrived there were boxes everywhere!

But Lilly headed straight for the stairs, of course 

Mostly we were just happy to be home.

We have spent a lot of time at IKEA, Target and Home Depot. . .

Unpacking the kitchen was my first priority when I arrived.
Here's Lilly checking out her kitchen cabinet. It now contains a jumbled mess of plastic storage containers that she can play with.


We have a couple "pet" squirrels in the backyard

And I couldn't leave out these pics of Lilly enjoying a messy teething biscuit. 

Thank goodness for this bib I found at Ikea!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I am so excited for you guys and this new adventure! Lilly is getting so beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures of the unpacked house!

    ReplyDelete