Friday, February 17, 2012

15


Did another month pass already? I would hardly have noticed, but it's been rainy here in Austin (yay!) and our backyard is suddenly covered in mostly green grass instead of mostly dirt (double yay!). These days, Lilly is changing more slowly and in subtler ways. I hardly notice her growing up anymore, except one day when she learns a new word, or can climb up a stair at the park she couldn't reach before, or I realize her lone sideburn is practically a ponytail. (Should I trim it? Dye it blond? Put a bow on it? Okay mom/grandma, I hear you scolding me, I'll just leave it alone.) 
15 month old Lilly is loving and goofy with those she trusts, but quiet and cautious with strangers. She loves her baby dolls and pushes them all around the house in their stroller. She doesn't like messes. 
If you really want to know more, just read the list. . .


What's up with Lilly:
  • Got 2 more molars for a total of 12 teeth!
  • Has been wearing a purple and a gold bead necklace every day for almost a month.
  • Refuses to wear a bib and always feeds herself. Drops hardly anything on the floor anymore.
  • Loves playing with balls in the backyard.
  • Can stack her blocks 5-6 high by herself.
  • Loves getting lotion squirted on her hands and rubbing it into her arms and legs and my arms.
  • After trying to teach her all month, she finally started signing please instead of just screaming for something (sometimes). (Also signs more, eat, all done, clean, maybe others but I can't remember)
  • Can point to her head, hair, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, tummy, belly button, knees and toes!
  • Babbling more and learned a new word. . . up! "bupupupup!" (Refer to next bullet point) Also likes to sign "more" a lot, especially while pointing at the pantry door. And she's good at shaking her head for "yes" and "no." She says something that sounds like "again."
  • Always wants to be "up" on counters, couch, chairs, etc. I guess she's gotten tired of exploring things on her level of sight and is ready to check out ours.
  • Likes to go down slides feet-first on her tummy (I think so she can slide off the end by herself at the bottom). 
  • Cautious and careful with other kids, likes babies, but steers clear of rambunctious toddlers. When she's around a younger baby, she'll often take off one of her bead necklaces and put them on the baby. After a while she'll try to get the baby to play with a toy or stand up, and we have to remind her that some babies can't stand and some are even too small to hold toys.  




2 comments:

  1. Such a cute niece! Her hair is getting thick too! I love that she loves her Jacob necklaces soo much, that's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can our babies be getting so big? She LOOKS like a toddler. Oh, dear. She is so adorable. I love her personality. Can't wait to see you in 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete