February always flies by, but we packed in a lot of love❤ with Valentine's festivities and a birthday celebration for Drew.
Henry matured by leaps and bounds. His word count doubled or tripled to include "wawa," mama, dada, up, please, this, yah, no, uhoh, ball, bird, book, hi, bye and a few animal noises. He developed a sudden interest in books, and loves to be read to or to sit and flip through books on his own. His favorite book is King Jack and the Dragon; he loves to say "raaah!" to chase away the dragons and beasts just like the little boys in the book. :)
He's still a big cuddler and gives the cheesiest smiles. And in a fit of lunacy I took the side off of his crib, but he still hasn't climbed out on his own. It's magical. Especially because now Lilly can get him up in the morning or after his naps if I'm busy (e.g. still in bed).
Lilly is as smart and responsible as ever. She reads a lot and has moved on to chapter books. She loves to make up stories, and will often ask to tell me a story at bedtime. She adores Henry, and would love nothing more than to have another brother or sister to care for. (I know this because she tells me daily.)
Her favorite shows are Octonauts, My Little Pony, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Her favorite activities include board games, dancing around to Taylor Swift songs and playing hopscotch. We also took her rock climbing at a bouldering gym for the first time, and she won't stop asking to go back!
Drew's traditional birthday cake.
(Although I think I'm yet to make the same recipe, I can never find the same one again the following year!)
Valentine's Festivities . . .
![]() |
| Making cards at the library |
![]() |
| Preschool party |
![]() |
| Cookie decorating with friends |
V-day party and music class with Henry
Making heart-shaped pizzas for our candlelight V-day dinner
(Henry's just eating all the cheese and raw dough he can grab)
Selfies with my littles :)
Playing at the park
All the rest of the fun and cuteness, in and around the house:















No comments:
Post a Comment